- Well trained in operating, report generation and interpretation of 3D Gait and Motion analysis system (BTS Bioengineering, Italy) for complete analysis of kinematic, kinetic and muscle activity on human locomotion.
- Well trained in operating report generation and interpretation of Plantar pressure measurement systems – in shoe and HR Mat (Tekscan, USA) for evaluation of static and dynamic pressure distribution under the foot and performance of polymeric insole and sole materials.
- Experience in synthesis and processing of Polyurethane and operating Scientific instruments like FTIR & ATR Spectrophotometer, Thermogravimetric Analyzer, Differential scanning calorimeter, Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer, Gel permeation chromatography, Viscometer, and Particle size analyzer for characterization of polymers;
- Participated in Technology led Entrepreneurship Programme-Feb-Mar 2007, conducted by HRDG and CSIR at CLRI, Chennai.
- Participated in Induction Training Programme for Newly recruited Scientists, March 2011, conducted by CSIR – HRDG, Ghaziabad.
- Participated in Programme for Harnessing Leadership Among Women Scientists, March 2012, Conducted by IIPM, New Delhi, Sponsored by Dept. Science & Technology.
- Participated in Leadership Training Programme under twining project of CLRI with LIDI, Ethiopia, April 2012, Conducted by ZEAL, Chennai.
- Participated in Project management training programme –IPMA Level D conducted by Project management Associates, Noida from15th to 18th April, 2015 at CSIR-CLRI.
Topic of Ph. D Thesis
“ Development and Utilization of New Materials for Therapeutic Footcare Applications” under the supervision of Dr. (Mrs) Ganga Radhakrishnan, Director Grade Scientist, CSIR- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai and Dr. Subrata Pal, Professor, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
Research and Work Experience:
- “Scientist” in Shoe Design and Development Centre, CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute, Adyar, Chennai from 14th January 2011 to till date.
- “Assistant Professor”, Anna University, Chennai for M.Tech Footwear Science and Engineering from 14th January 2012 to till date.
- “Research Associate” in polymer laboratory, CLRI, Chennai from 26th June 2007 to 13th January 2011 in a project entitled “Development of specialty polyurethanes: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications” under CSIR- Emeritus Scientist Scheme of Dr. Ganga Radhakrishnan.
- “Scientist Fellow” under the Women Scientist Scheme (WOS-A) of DST, Govt. of India, in polymer laboratory, CLRI, Chennai from 1st April 2004 to 31st March 2007 and carried out the project entitled “Development and Utilization of new materials for therapeutic footwear applications.
- “Project Associate” in Shoe Design & Development Centre, Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai from October 2001 to January 2004 and carried out in-house projects such as “Foot width studies of elderly diabetics”, “Development of new foot impression material for customized footwear applications” and “ANOVA and Z-score analysis for competence evaluation of testing laboratories”.
- Working as a Teaching faculty for M. Tech, Footwear Science & Engineering Programme, Anna University Chennai since 2012.
Anatomy & Solid modelling of foot
Footwear Components & Accessories
Major R& D Projects Handled as PI/ Co-PI:
- “Development and utilization of new materials for therapeutic footwear applications”, under Woman Scientist Scheme of Department of Science & Technology DST No: SR/WOS-A/ET-32/2003, Total cost of Project: Rs.17 lakhs; Duration of the Project 3 years from April 2004 to March 2007.
- “Development of Ankle Foot Orthosis using Advanced Technologies”, under Technology Development and Transfer Scheme of Department of Science & Technology DST No: DST/TSG/NTS/ 2011/ 09, Total cost of Project: Rs.193 lakhs, Duration of the Project 3 years from September 2013 to March 2017.
- “Development of Polyurethane based Biodegradable soles and process optimization thereof” under Technology Development and Transfer Scheme of Department of Science & Technology DST No: DST/TSG/NTS/ 2014/ 37, Total cost of Project: Rs.68 lakhs, Duration of the Project 3 years from April 2015 to March 2018.
CLRI In-House R & D Projects Handled as PI/ Active Member:
- Preparation of biodegradable polyurethane nanocomposites for footwear application (2011-12)
- Surface modification of porous viscoelastic polyurethane sheets for incorporation of antimicrobial agents for application as insole in treatment of Athletic foot (2011-12)
- Study of effect of viscoelastic PU insole on reduction of fatigue / foot pain in Tamilnadu armed police personnel (2011-12)
- Preparation of viscoelastic PU memory foam for footwear application (2011-12)
- Improved Product Design using quality function deployment (2011-12)
- Science and Technology Revolution in Leather with a Green Touch (STRAIT) Work package 4.1 & 4.2, 12th five year plan project (2012- 2017)
- Design Innovation for Smart Material Transformation Yeaning Leather Life Style Products (D’STYL) 12th five year plan project (2012- 2017)
- Leon, Mexico for paper presentation in XXIX International Congress on Technology for the Footwear Sector- CALZATECNIA 2007 at Poliforum Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico, August 17- 18, 2007. (Invited Speaker)
- Cape Town, South Africa for paper presentation in XXII Congress of International Society of Biomechanics, University of Capetown, July 5 - 9, 2009. (Received DST travel grant for Young Scientist)
- Natal, Brazil for paper presentation in 11th Biennial Footwear Biomechanics Symposium, Rifoles Hotel, Natal, Brazil, 31st July - 02nd August, 2013. (Received CSIR travel grant)
- Guanzhou, China for paper presentation in 18th International Technical Footwear Congress (UITIC), Hotel Shangri-La, Pazhou- Guangzhou, China, 14-16, November, 2013. (Invited speaker)