Articles in Journals:
- Layered clay aqueous dispersion as a novel dye leveling agent in leather processing: synthesis, characterization and application studies (2015). Sujata Mandal*, S. Natarajan, S. Suresh, R. Chandrasekar, G. Jothi, C. Muralidharan*, Asit Baran Mandal. Applied Clay Science 115, 17-23.
- Adsorption and catalytic degradation of organic dyes in water using ZnO/ZnxFe3xO4 mixed oxides (2015). Sujata Mandal*, S. Natarajan. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 3, 1185–1193.
- Micro-structural properties of zinc oxide nano-particles synthesized by bio-polymeric templates (2014). Sujata Mandal*, Dominic Savio, S.J. Selvaraj, S. Natarajan, Asit Baran Mandal. Advanced Materials Research 906, 190-195, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Biocompatible LDH-Alginate Composites for the Adsorption of Naphthalene Anionic Dye AG 120: Influence of Alginate concentration on the Adsorption Characteristics (2014). Sanil Sebastian, S. Mayadevi1, Sujata Mandal. Advanced Materials Research 906, 112-117.
- Layered clay-alginate composites for the adsorption of anionic dyes: a biocompatible solution for water/wastewater treatment (2014). S. Sebastian, S. Mayadevi, B. Sajeena Beevi and Sujata Mandal. Journal of Water Resource and Protection 6, 177-184.
- Adsorption of Acid Dyes on Hydrotalcite-like Anionic Clays, Sujata Mandal*, S. Natarajan, S. Raja, N. Vijayalakshmi, C. Muralidharan and Asit Baran Mandal, In: Layered Clay Materials for Functional Applications, Periodical: Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 571 (2013) pp 57-69.
- Alginate and hydrotalcite-like anionic clay composite systems: synthesis, characterization and application studies (2012). Sujata Mandal*, Varsha S. Patil, S. Mayadevi. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 158, 241-246.
- Separation strategies for processing of dilute liquid streams (2011). Sujata Mandal*, Bhaskar D. Kulkarni. International Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 2011, article ID 659012, page 1-9, doi: 1155/2011/659012
- Adsorption of cresols on zinc-aluminium hydroxides – A comparison with zeolite-X (2011). J.Vijayakumar; S.K. Chikkala; S. Mandal and S. Mayadevi. Separation Science and Technology 46(3), 483-488
- Adsorption of aqueous selenite [Se(IV)] species on synthetic layered double hydroxide materials (2009). Sujata Mandal*, S. Mayadevi and Bhaskar D. Kulkarni. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 48(17), 7893-7898.
- Azoic dye hosted in layered double hydroxide: Physicochemical characterization of the intercalated materials (2009). Sujata Mandal; Didier Tichit; Dan A. Lerner; Nathalie Marcotte. Langmuir 25(18), 10980-10986.
- Structural characterization of azoic dye hosted layered double hydroxides (2009). Sujata Mandal, Dan A. Lerner, Nathalie Marcotte, Didier Tichit. Zeitschrift für Kristallographie 224 (05-06), 282-286.
- Defluoridation of water using as-synthesized Zn/Al/Cl anionic clay adsorbent: Equilibrium and regeneration studies (2009). S. Mandal* and S. Mayadevi. Journal of Hazardous Materials 167, 873-878.
- Cellulose supported layered double hydroxides for the adsorption of fluoride from aqueous solution (2008). S. Mandal* and S. Mayadevi. Chemosphere 72, 995-998.
- Synthesis, characterization and study of adsorption behavior of Zn-Al layered double hydroxides for adsorption of fluoride from water (2008). S. Mandal* and S. Mayadevi. Applied Clay Science 40, 54-62.
- Adsorption of zinc from aqueous solution using chemically treated newspaper pulp (2007). S. Chakravarty, S. Bhattacharjee, K. K. Gupta, M. Singh, Hema T. Chaturvedi and S. Maity. Bioresource Technology 98, 3136-3141.
- Metal contents in the groundwater of Sahebgunj District, Jharkhand, India, with special reference to arsenic (2005). S. Bhattacharjee, S. Chakravarty, S. Maity, V. Dureja and K. K. Gupta. Chemosphere 58(9), 1203-1217.
- A study on arsenic adsorption on polymetallic sea nodule in aqueous medium (2005). S. Maity, S. Chakravarty, S. Bhattacharjee and B. C. Roy. Water Research 39, 2579-2590.
- Evaluation and standardization of a simple HG-AAS method for rapid speciation of As(III) and As(V) in some contaminated groundwater samples of West Bengal, India (2004). S. Maity, S. Chakravarty, P. Thakur, K. K. Gupta, S. Bhattacharjee and B. C.Roy. Chemosphere 54, 1199-1206.
- A Study on the adsorption of Cr(VI) on a synthetically prepared Zn-Al-Cl layered double hydroxide (LDH) (2004). P. Thakur, S. Chakravarty, S. Maity, S. Bhattacharjee and K.K. Gupta. Metals Materials and Processes 16(2-3), 339-350 (ISSN: 0970-423X).
- Heavy metal distribution in some of the seasonal vegetables of Patamda, the agricultural nerve center of East Singhbhum district in the state of Jharkhand. (2003). S. Kar, S. Maity, S. Chakravarty, G. Bhattacharjee and S. Bhattacharjee. Journal of Metallurgy and Materials Sciences 44(3), 161-165 (ISSN print: 0972-4257; ISSN online: 0974-1267).
- Removal of lead from contaminated water bodies using sea nodule as an adsorbent (2003). S. Bhattacharjee, S. Chakraborty, S. Maity, S. Kar, P. Thakur and G. Bhattacharyya. Water Research 37, 3954-3966.
- Removal of arsenic from groundwater using low cost ferruginous manganese ore. (2002). S. Chakravarty, V. Dureja, G. Bhattacharyya, S. Maity and S. Bhattacharjee. Water Research 36, 625-632.
Presentations National/International Conference/ Seminars
- Micro-structural properties of zinc oxide nano-particles synthesized by bio-polymeric templates (2014). Sujata Mandal*, Dominic Savio, S.J. Selvaraj, S. Natarajan, Asit Baran Mandal. Oral presentation made in the “2014 Spring World Congress on Engineering & Technology, SCET-2014” organized during 16-18 April, 2014, Shanghai, China.
- Microstructure and magnetic properties of zinc ferrite nanoparticles synthesized through soft chemical route. Sujata Mandal*. 100th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2013), 3-7 January, Kolkata, India.
- Hydrotalcite-like anionic clay adsorbents for water and wastewater treatment, Sujata Mandal*, S. Raja, N. Vijayalakshmi, C. Muralidharan, Asit Baran Mandal. Workshop on Industrial wastewater treatment, recycle and reuse, 15-16 June, 2012, Pune, India.
- Characterization of zinc ferrites synthesized by co-precipitation method. Sujata Mandal* and S. Mayadevi. Paper Presented in “International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology, ICMAT-2011” held in Suntec, Singapore, 26th June to 1st July, 2011.
- Sodium alginate – layered double hydroxide composites: Synthesis, Characterization and application. Sujata Mandal*; Varsha S. Patil; S. Mayadevi. Paper Presented in “International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology, ICMAT-2011 held in Suntec, Singapore, 26th June to 1st July, 2011.
- Synthesis of supported layered double hydroxide adsorbents for defluoridation of water. Sujata Mandal*, Shilpi Saxena, Rahul Kumar, S. Mayadevi. Indian Science Congress (ISC-2011), 3-7 January, 2011, SRM University, Chennai, India.
- Arsenic contamination of water: Impact on human health and its remediation. Sujata Mandal*, Sanchita Chakravarty, Santanu Bhattacharjee, B.C. Roy. Proceedings of the National Seminar on “Chemistry and Environment”, pp.63-69, 2-4 September 2010, Kalamassery, Kerala, India (Invited Speaker).
- Defluoridation of water using phosphoric acid modified activated carbon obtained from sugarcane-thrash, Sujata Mandal*, Esha Samui, Chetan Martin, Vinit Pillay and S. Mayadevi. Chemical Engineering Congress, CHEMCON-2009, TS-1487, Dec 27-30, 2009, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
- Adsorption of Fluoride from Aqueous Solutions using Zn-Al Layered Double Hydroxide. S. Mandal* and S. Mayadevi. Chemical Engineering Congress, CHEMCON-2006, Dec 27-30Dec., 2006, Ankleshwar, Gujrat, India.
- A study on the adsorption of water soluble lead on the cast of earthworm Eisenia foetida. S. Maity*#, S. Chakravarty, K.K.Gupta, S. Bhattacharjee. Proceedings of the International Conference on Water and Environment (WE-2003), December 15-18, Bhopal, India.
Conference Publications (Full paper/Abstract):
- Adsorption of azo dyes on the extrudates of layered double hydroxides and its composites: batch and fixed-bed column studies. R. Prakash, S.R. Bheeter, Sujata Mandal*. 10th Mid-year Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) Symposium in Chemistry, July 23-25, 2015 (Poster presentation made by M.Phil Student).
- Removal of nitrate from water using acetate intercalated Zn/Al Layered double hydroxides. V. Shinaz Begum, J.Ethazhhaarasi, K. Shanthi, Sujata Mandal*. International Conference on New Frontiers in Chemical, Energy and Environmental Engineering, (INCEEE-2015). NIT, Warangal, Telangana State, India, 20-21 March, 2015 (Oral presentation made by M.Sc. Student).
- Synthesis of layered double hydroxides in W/O micro-emulsion: Influence of method of preparation on the physico-chemical and adsorption characteristics. S. Mandal*, A.S. Deshpande, A.S. Harle, S. Mayadevi. Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 1151 © 2009 Materials Research Society, 1151-SS01-05.
- Azoic dye hosted layered double hydroxide: UV-Visible characterization of the hybrid materials. S. Mandal, D. Tichit, D.A. Lerner, N. Marcotte. II International Workshop on Layered Materials: Structure and Properties- 2008, 28-29 March, Vercelli, Italy.
- Adsorption of p-Cymene on synthetic layered double hydroxides. S. Mayadevi, G. Sreedhar Rao, Sujata Mandal. Indian Chemical Engineering Congress, CHEMCON-2010, T&CRE-32, 27-29 December, Annamalinagar, Chidambaram, Tamilnadu, India.
- Fluoride contamination of water: Remediation by adsorption. S. Mayadevi and Sujata Mandal. Proceedings of the National Seminar on “Chemistry and Environment”, pp.49-55, 2-4 September 2010, Kalamassery, Kerala, India.
- Studies in adsorption/desorption of carbon dioxide, V.M. Bhandari, Sujata Mandal and S. Mayadevi. Chemical Engineering Congress, CHEMCON-2009, TS-1468, Dec 27-30, 2009, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
- Adsorption of Cresols on Alumina-based Adsorbents. J. Vijaya Kumar, S. Mandal and S. Mayadevi. Chemical Engineering Congress, CHEMCON-2006, Dec 27-30 Dec., 2006, Ankleshwar, Gujrat, India.
- A study on chromite overburden ore obtained from Sukinda valley, Orissa for the removal of arsenic from groundwater. S. Maity#, S. Chakravarty, S. Bhattacharjee, C. Guha and V. Dureja.Proc. International workshop on control of arsenic contamination in ground water-2000, Calcutta, India.