- Maharaja, P., Gokul, E., Prabhakaran, N., Karthikeyan, S., Boopathy, R., Swarnalatha, S., & Sekaran, G. (2016). Simultaneous removal of NH 4+-N and refractory organics through sequential heterogeneous Fenton oxidation process and struvite precipitation: kinetic study. RSC Advances, 6(5), 4250-4261.
- Swarnalatha Somasundaram, Tae-Wan Jeon, Young-Yeul Kang, Woo-IL Kim, Seong-Kyeong Jeong, Yong-Jun Kim, Jin-Mo Yeon, Sun Kyoung Shin (2015) Characterization of wastes from construction and demolition sector, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 187(1), 4200
- Sathya, K., Saranya, P., Swarnalatha, S., Mandal, A.B.,Sekaran, G. Removal of microcystin-RR, a membrane foulant using exocellular polymer from Enterobacter ludwigii: Kinetic and isotherm studies (2015) Desalination, 369, 175 – 187.
- Sailatha, T., Saranya, P., Swarnalatha, S., Velan, M., & Sekaran, G. (2015). Enzymatic destabilization of chemical surfactant in wastewater—a potent ultrafiltration foulant: kinetic studies. Desalination and Water Treatment, (ahead-of-print), 1-16.
- P. Saranya, P. Bhavani, S. Swarnalatha and G. Sekaran (2015) Biosequestration of chromium(III) in an aqueous solution using cationic and anionic biosurfactants produced from two different Bacillus sp. – a comparative study, RSC Advances, 5, 80596 – 80611.
- S Pavithra, A Madonna, S Swarnalatha, K Mohan Das, AB Mandal, G Sekaran (2015) Degradation of refractory organics in chemical industry wastewater using iron (II) Schiff base complex as homogeneous catalyst in Fenton-like oxidation, Desalination and Water Treatment,DOI: 10.1080/19443994.2015.1011702.
- Young-Yeul Kang, Tae-Wan Jeon, Woo-IL Kim, Sun Kyoung Shin, Jin-Mo Yeon, Swarnalatha Somasundaram* (*corresponding author) (2014) Correlation Study between Hazardous Waste Characteristics among various Chemical Processes in Republic of Korea, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 16, 566-575.
- P Saranya, S Swarnalatha, G Sekaran (2014) Lipoprotein biosurfactant production from an extreme acidophile using fish oil and its immobilization in nanoporous activated carbon for the removal of Ca2+ and Cr3+ in aqueous solution, RSC Advances, 4(64) 34144-34155.
- C Sumathi, D MohanaPriya, S Swarnalatha, MG Dinesh, G Sekaran (2014) Production of prodigiosin using tannery fleshing and evaluating its pharmacological effects, The Scientific World Journal. 290327. doi: 10.1155/2014/290327.
- Sun Kyoung Shin, Woo-IL Kim, Tae-Wan Jeon, Young-Yeul Kang, Seong-Kyeong Jeong, Jin-Mo Yeon, Swarnalatha Somasundaram* (*corresponding author) (2013) Hazardous waste characterization among various thermal processes in South Korea: A comparative analysis, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 260, 157–166.
- Swarnalatha Somasundaram, Karthikeyan Sekar, Vinod Kumar Gupta, Sekaran Ganesan (2013) Synthesis and characterization of mesoporous activated carbon from rice husk for adsorption of glycine from alcohol-aqueous mixture, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 177, 416–425.
- S. Swarnalatha, R. Gopi, A. Ganesh Kumar, P.K. Selvi, G. Sekaran (2008) A novel Amphiphilic Nano hydrogel using ketene based polyester with polyacrylamide for controlled drug delivery system, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 19, 3005–3014.
- S. Swarnalatha, A. Ganesh Kumar, G. Sekaran (2009) Electron rich porous carbon/silica matrix from rice husk and its characterization, Journal of Porous Materials, 16, 239 – 245.
- Somasundaram Swarnalatha, Arumugam Ganesh Kumara, Srinivasulu Tandaiaha and Ganesan Sekaran (2009) Efficient and safe disposal of chrome shavings discharged from leather industry using thermal combustion, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 84, 751 – 760.
- S. Swarnalatha, P.K. Selvi, A. Ganesh Kumar, G. Sekaran (2008) Nanoemulsion Drug Delivery by Ketene based polyester synthesized using electron rich carbon / silica composite surface, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 65 (2,1), 292-299.
- S. Swarnalatha and G. Sekaran (2007) Determination of the structural arrangements of ketene oligomers using NMR, FT-IR and ESI-MS, Journal of molecular Structure, 840, 90–96.
- S. Swarnalatha, T. Srinivasulu, M. Srimurali and G. Sekaran (2008) Safe disposal of toxic chrome buffing dust generated from leather industry, Journal of Hazardous materials,150 (2), 290 – 299.
- S. Swarnalatha, M. Arasakumari, A. Gnanamani and G. Sekaran (2006) Solidification/Stabilization of thermally treated toxic tannery sludge, Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 81, 1307 – 1315.
- S. Swarnalatha, K. Ramani, A. Geetha Karthi, A. Gnanamani and G. Sekaran (2006) Starved air combustion – solidification/stabilization of toxic primary chemical sludge from a tannery, Journal of Hazardous Materials, B 137, 304 – 313.
- R. Sivacoumar, R. Jayabalou, S. Swarnalatha and K. Balakrishnan (2006) Particulate matter from stone crushing industry – size distribution and health effects, Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, 132, 405 – 414.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, S. Swarnalatha, B. Sairam and G. Sekaran (2008) Production of alkaline protease by Pseudomonas aeruginosa using proteinaceous solid waste generated from leather manufacturing industries, Bioresource Technology, 99 (6), 1939 – 1944.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, G. Sekaran, S. Swarnalatha and B. Prasad Rao (2005) Anaerobic immobilized yeast cell fermentation and anaerobic remediation in hybrid reactor for mineralization of dicarboxylic acid solid waste, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 21, 999 – 1007.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, G. Sekaran, S. Swarnalatha and B. Prasad Rao (2005), Immobilized reactor for rapid destruction of recalcitrant organics and inorganics in tannery wastewater, Journal of Environmental Science, 17(4), 681 – 685.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, S. Swarnalatha, K. Victor Babu and G. Sekaran (2006) Immobilized cell reactors in mineralization of dicarboxylic acid solid waste, Biodegradation, 17 (6), 559 – 570.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, S. Swarnalatha, S. Gayathri, N. Nagesh, G. Sekaran (2008) Characterization of an Alkaline Active – Thiol forming Extracellular serine Keratinase by the newly isolated Bacillus pumilus, Journal of Applied Microbiology, 104 (2), 411 – 419.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, S. Swarnalatha, P. Kamatchi, R. Kirubagaran, K. Perimbam , G. Sekaran (2009). Immobilization of proteolytic enzyme on highly porous activated carbon derived from rice bran, Journal of Porous Materials, 16, 439 – 445.
- A. Ganesh Kumar, S. Swarnalatha, P. Kamatchi, G. Sekaran (2009) Immobilization of high catalytic acid protease on functionalized mesoporous activated carbon particles, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 43, 185- 190.
- Arumugam Ganesh Kumar, R. Venkatesan, Burusa Prasad Rao, Somasundaram Swarnalatha, Ganesan Sekaran (2009) Utilization of tannery solid waste for protease production by Synergistes sp. in solid-state fermentation and partial protease characterization, Engineering in Life Sciences, 9, 66-73.
- G. Sekaran, S. Swarnalatha, T. Srinivasulu (2007) Solid waste management in leather sector, J. Design and Manufacturing Technologies, 1 (1) 47-52.